I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas log cake - 2010











On 24.12.10, it was a half working day for my company. I have went to West mall to purchase x'mas present for the 4 children at home. Last month, i had bring my children to Sun Lik to buy some baking ingredient and my girl saw the x'mas decoration and selected 2 packets and requested me must make a x'mas cake for her.
At 3pm, i decided to make a log cake which i had never tried before and got no confidence in it. I was telling myself, apply Valeries swissroll method and the creaming using the left over which i keep in the freezer for about a month ago. Luckily, things went smoothly and i have finally produce a log cake out.
I was so happy for my first log cake, next year onwards i can make again for my children. The log cake was cut after the children has attended the church on x'mas eve night. They were happily eating the cake and it was finished in the next day.





3 comments:

  1. happy 2011 christine! thanks for dropping by my blog! that's a beautifully decorated log cake you have there! as to your question on the almond cookies, you can choose to toast or not to toast the almond nibs, i did not toast and they still tasted yummy! hope this answer your questions =D hope to see you more often =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh and for the egg wash, i press the almond nibs down into the dough before i bake them it does stick but you can still apply the egg wash if you want the top will look golden and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear j3ss kitch3n,

    Many thanks for your advice, i wish this weekend will be able to try out your melting almond cookies.

    Best Regards
    christine

    ReplyDelete