I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sarawak Serikaya Cake







On Sunday afternoon, i came home from my mum house at 4pm. And decided to try on this steam cake which my colleague has given me the Gula Hitam for more than half a year.
This morning i bring to office and tried and found that it was on the sweet side, very rich and overall is soft texture. May be next round, i will cut down on the used of kaya and condensed milk. As i still find this is not the correct recipe that we are looking for, being too rich.
Actually, all these while, myself and my colleague Jamie is looking for this recipe, it seems like no one willing to share. I am using Home Kreation's recipe as below:
Ingredient: 5 eggs,
160 sugar (I used only 149g, will further cut to 80g next time)
250g butter
1 tsp villina
1 tsp ovelette
150g kaya (i used 130g)
200g condense milk (i use d170g)
170g plain flour
150g holick (plain)
80-100g of Gula Hitam
170g of nestle cream ( i replace by 5 tbsp of evporation milk, as i forgot to buy)
Method:
1. Beat butter, sugar, ovelette and villina essence in high speed for 5 minutes
2. Add in egg one by one
3. Stir in kaya, condense milk in low speed
4. Stir in holick and flour
5. Pour in a 8" tray and steam for 2.5 hour till cook
* Today, one of my colleague whom got the recipe but insisted that the recipe cannot share to any of us, she just glance thru my recipe and commented that hers has no nestle cream added, no ovelette and the condensed milk and holick content not that much. She suggested me to use steam bake in the oven would be better as it would not so wet and it cooked faster, steamed bake for 1.5 hr and use skewer to check , if not cooked, baked for another 15-30mins will do. This is the way to safe fire as steaming process need up to 4 hrs as per a lots of bloggers given.

1 comment:

  1. Dear all,

    I am still looking for the correct recipe to try out, if anyone willing to share with me, would appreciate if you can email to me @ christineang6823@yahoo.com.sg

    Thank you very much.

    BR
    christine

    ReplyDelete