I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Valerie's Strawberry Shortcake







On 19.05.10, i went to Cairnhill CC to learn this cake after work. This is a very worth lesson which i learnt the technique of making the sponge cake moist and soft. It has to bake at 160C for 65mins and with hand feel whether the cake is fully dry up or not in the oven.
I went home with the sample and let the children try, they all loved it.





4 comments:

  1. Did you attempt this cake at home? I tried and have problem with the whipped cream. It was just too watery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear edith,

    Thanks for coming to my blog.

    I have not tried out yet as i am currently busy in making dumpling for my sil to sell in the market. Guess, i will give a try after the dumpling festive. Will let u know after trying.

    Best Regards
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear edith,

    Last night i have tried out this cake, my sponge cake is not so sucessful but i still proceed to whip the dairy whipping cream, before i whip the cream, i place my mixer in the freezer and i whip under a tub of ice water, the cream turn out alright. May be you should have a try again.

    Best Regards
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christine, will give this another go when I get some nice strawberry.

    ReplyDelete