I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Strawberry Fresh Cream Cake




this weekend, i have used Valarie's Sponge cake recipe and fresh cream to make this cake. I am very happy with the sponge this round. And it was soft and moist. My pipe skill was a mess. However, only my children appreciate it.
I love the sponge recipe from Valaries, it wouldn't shrink for the side after baked.
Ingredient of sponge cake:
A. 4 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
4 egg white
40g caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
80g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
B. 1/4 cup oil
2tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Method:
1. Mix A until the ribbon stage
2. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks formed, add sugar and cream of tartar and beat until stiff
3. Heat B until boiling hot, stir into the egg yolks mixture with a ballon whisk.
4. Stir in vanilla essence and sifted flour - no. 3
5. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into this mixture and then fold this mixture into the remaining egg whites.
6. Pour into tray and bake in a preheated oven, lowest rack at 160deg at 55 mins
7. When baked, detach the cake from side of the tin and turn out onto a rack to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment