I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kueh Bangkit - cny 2011




This is my 4th item which i myself and my son's favourite among the CNY cookies, but i have been trying for many times and many years, still cannot get the perfect melting texture as sell in some famous bakery shop.
I knew that this cookies the ingredient used must be all in room temperature. No cold eggs, warm coconut milk to be used. (I have followed all step, it still cannot get the right texture). I love this flowering cutter which i bought it two years back. Somehow, my kueh bangkit has puff up a lot and the imprint of the flower has become blurred after baked. But, this kueh bangkit is a bit crispy in outer layer and slowly melt in the mouth. I loves this cookies although mine is not the perfect one.
I will never give up, was thinking after CNY will fry some corn flour to replace the tapioca flour as i m curious, those bakery shop made one is always very white.
Ingredient:
680g tapioca flour
40g of shortening
240g icing sugar
320g fresh coconut milk ( i bought 1 kg of coconut to squeeze and obtained at 350g)
6 yolks
Method:
1. We need to stir fry the tapioca flour at least two days in advance. fried under low fire with some pandan leave till the flour is getting light and let it cool completely
2. Sieve the tapioca flour and set aside,
3. Cream shortening, yolks and icing sugar, add a bit of coconut milk to beat till sugar has dissolved.
4. Add in four and knead for at least 10 mins on the table top till the dough became white and shiny look.
5. Use any cutter to cut out and baked under 160C for 20 - 25 mins.



2 comments:

  1. your kueh bangkit is so beautiful~ you had bake so many goodies for CNY! do you mind taking part in my event? its just a event to know more bloggers if you are interested here is the link to know the details

    http://j3sskitch3n.blogspot.com/2011/01/aspiring-bakers-3-my-favourite-cny.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear J3ss Kitch3n,

    Thank you for your invitation.

    If time permitted as weekday i m very busy with my son whom P1 this yr. I only do my baking during weekend, i may join in your event.

    Best Regards
    christine Ang

    ReplyDelete