I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brown Sugar Huat Kueh

On Saturday 22.08.09 afternoon, I have an idea of trying out making the Huat Kueh as this month is the Ghost Month praying festive. I adapt an recipe from one of the blog by the name of Rebecca posted recently. I am so happy with my result, all my mini cup has a smiling face when i opened up from the lid. This is an sure keeper recipe for me.

Ingredients:
Self raising flour 1 kg
Palm Sugar - 800g
Coconut milk - 500ml
Pandan leave - 5 leave
Water 700ml
Vegetable oil 2 tablespoon

a) Sieve self raising flour
b) Cook palm sugar with pandan leave and 300ml of water, filter the cooked palm sugar and let it cool for use later
c) Use a mixer to mix flour with cooked palm sugar water and the balance 400ml of water.
d) Add in 2 eggs, stirred well.
e) Add in Oil with the mixture
f) Pour into mini cup and steam for 15mins till cooked




No comments:

Post a Comment