I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Traditional baked mooncake











On Saturday 18.09.10, i have spent the whole afternoon to bake some traditional mooncake and i have finished up all my 2kg white lotus paste and 1 kg of green tea paste.


I have adapted Aunty Yochana's Traditional mooncake recipe and it works well. I followed the recipe exactly and the skin is good. This is a sure keeper for me.


Ingredient of mooncake pastry:

- 350g hong kong flour

- 200g of mooncake syrup

-90g oil

- 1 and 1/4 tsp of alkaline water


Method:

1. Mix all the above and stir till well combined and let the dough rest for at least 1 hour

2. My plunger is for 75g-83g. Therefore, i used 52g of filling and 30g of pastry.






No comments:

Post a Comment