I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pandan Chiffon Cake





Nowadays, i never help my sil to make and sell kueh in the market for almost two months, i have more spare time to carry on with my baking. On saturday 16.10.10, i have dig out a recipe whom my cousion gave me and taught me how to make a chiffon cake after i have failed many times, that time i was in my twenty years old, i have not join any baking class yet.
This recipe is written in my notebook which also become yellowish. How times filies.
Ingredients:
10egg
8oz of cake flour
1tsp of baking powder
1stp of cream of tartar
8oz of sugar, (next time i will reduce to 7 oz)
2oz of pandan juice
4oz of fresh coconut milk
4tbs of corn oil
Method:
1. Whish the yolk till turn pale and fluffy, stir in coconut milk, oil and lastly flour and set aside
2. Whisk egg white with sugar and cream of tartar till soft peak white
3. Mix 1/3 of eggwhite with yolk mixture and pour all into the remaining 2/3 white
4. Pour into 26cm pan tube to bake under 170 for 10 mins, 160 mins for 20 mins and 150 for further 20mins till baked.

2 comments:

  1. Your pandan chiffon is perfectly baked. Big, tall, looks soft & fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for your compliment. Give a try when u r free, this recipe was with me for many years.

    Best Regards
    christine

    ReplyDelete