I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Steamed Zebra Cake





On Saturday morning 27.11.10, i have adapted Ms Rima recipe to steamed a zebra cake. This is quite an easy item to stir and steamed, the texture is soft and is a very nice cake which within a day the cake has gone. All my children love my baking and cake, they are my good supporter.
Ingredient:
A.
8 eggs
250g sugar
1tbsp emulsifier
1/2 tsp salt
B.
250g flour
50g milk powder
C.
50g butter, melted
50g fresh milk
D.
75g butter, melted
2 tbsp of instant coffeemix mix with a little hot water
1tbsp of mocca paste
Method:
1. Heat steamer.. Greased a 24cm round pan or 9"inch pan
2. Beat ingredients A until thick and fluffy
3. Add in Sifted B.
4. Mix well. Weigh and divide batter into two equal part
5. Add C to one part, mix well, set aside
6. Add D to another part, mix well, set aside.
7. Pour plain and mocca batter alternately till finish
8. Steam on medium high fire for abt an hour or till set

Recipe Source: Ms Rima

2 comments:

  1. Hi, seems that both of us are Rima's fans, hehe. I made this zebra cake too and my family loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Belly good cooking,

    I have seem your blog and you have a lot of cooking picture, i may refer if one day i need to cook for my family.

    Nice to know you.

    Best Regards
    christine Ang

    ReplyDelete