I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Traditional Moon Cake




On 23.09.09 evening, i have my maiden try on baked mooncake. I remember many years back i ever attended a mooncake demo, but never do it at all as i am afraid of the baking portion as mooncake skin will be dry and crack. It started from my colleagues - Ms Jamie has bought the a kg of green tea lotus paste for cookies during CNY and she has does not know what to do with these balance paste. And I suggest to her, bring to me for testing out the mooncake.
I adapted Aunty Yochana's recipe and follow exactly the step. Of course, i do a lot of read up on others blogger comment and feedback on what to look out before starting to make. After my finished product is done, i am not satisfy with the imprint on top and colouring of the skin as i used Phoon Huat's Glucose syrup until i have sent an email to Aunty Yochana the next day morning then realised that this is not the syrup must buy golden syrup for mooncake. I managed to pay a trip to Jurong West bakery mart and able to get whatever mooncake stuff, so convienent that in west zone also can find it. I am prepared to do more on coming weekend for my mother and MIL. I must thanks my colleagues whom giving this opportunity to try out this item and thanks to Aunty Yochana's great recipe and advice via email to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment