I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Pandan Kaya







On Saturday 17.07.10, i cannot find the aunty Yochana's recipe of her Hanianese Kaya, i base on my agaration to make this pandan kaya. I have used up 2 branches of pandan leave and blend into juice. i love the pandan fragrance, i have brought all to office fridge as my family member don't appreciate. I just spread two piece for my colleague to comment, they find it alright but a bit on the dry side. I will do it again one of these day.


Method:

1.) 400g coconut milk blend with pandan leave and used a siever to squeeze out the pandan coconut juice.

2) i have cook 7 egg with 280g of sugar in double boiler and sieve to another pot when the sugar has melted.

3.) Pour in the no.1 pandan coconut milk into our egg mixture and cook for another 1.5 to 2 hrs. I never stir all the way as i have a lot of kitchen clean up after prepare for the dinner. therefore, my kaya is a bit scrumbled.






No comments:

Post a Comment