I am a FTWM with 2 kids, i love baking, cooking during my free time. Always like to explore for good recipes of any food to try on. Hence, i decided to open an blog to keep track of my cooking records wef 21.08.09.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Valerie's Strawberry Shortcake







Finally, the dumpling season is over. This is the first time i spent total four full day to help my sil to make about two thousands pieces of bak chang, nonya change for her to sell in the market.

Now, i have some spare time for my baking. Especially, i leart this from Valeries sometime in May, i m eager to try this item out as i knew my girl and niece - Yi Lin is going to love it. For another reason for me to make this cake is because i have promised Edith that i would give a try and have to feed back to her on the whipping of cream. As this is using dairy whipping cream, i m a bit kaisu and has put in the pair of whisk in the freezer for half an hour, and i whip on a tub of ice water. It was sucessful for the cream.

But, i guess is the egg is bought from sheng siong is not so fresh and thus, my sponge cake is shrinking from the side, luckily i mananged to whip up the dairy cream. My frosting is not perfect, hopefully one day i can reach the stage as professional chef do.
Overall, i love the recipe of valaries Sponge. It was very soft and moist.



No comments:

Post a Comment